Vacancy: Global Finance Director (Holding) - Hemel Hempstead, Hybrid Working Available
Posted on 06/02/2024
See all our current vacancies
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
A passionate, customer-focused brand, Optoma products captivate, inspire, and connect people for a better experience.
The Optoma Group has regional headquarters in Europe, the USA, and Asia Pacific with well-established channels across three continents, providing reliable and innovative visual solutions for customers and partners worldwide.
We bring people together through captivating visual experiences, serving customers who demand seamless, innovative technology to tell their stories, making our customers’ dreams possible.
As a global leader in large display technologies, Optoma combines cutting-edge design and engineering to deliver visual display solutions from the home to the office, classroom, and commercial spaces.
Working for Optoma, you can expect a competitive salary with additional corporate benefits such as medical insurance, dental cover, pension and up to 30 days holiday per year - subject to service requirements
About the role
This is a very exciting time to join us following the creation of Optoma Holding based in the UK to bring together our global regions of UK, USA and APAC, as we consolidate and improve systems and processes. With such exciting change, this role has been created to help ensure our financial systems and processes are ready to support our strategic ambition, to IPO on the AIM market in UK.
You will be at the heart of the finance and business journey, looking for efficient ways to improve and maintain our financial ecosystem and business processes. If you are motivated by working for a successful multinational company that remains small enough for every person to matter, and where you can make a real contribution and difference to the success of the company, then this may well be the role for you!
This role reports to and will be required to deputise for the Global CFO based in Taiwan, with potential progression opportunities in the future.
You will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Train F&A staff to improve their knowledge and skills
- Manage the accounting, finance, tax, and insurance functions
- Manage/coordinate with any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Implement operational best practices and improve workflows/systems
- Provide financial insights and participate in company projects and business activities
- Management of the Employee Share Scheme
Accounting & Finance
- Review and approve the annual budget, quarterly forecast, weekly rolling forecast and monthly financial and management reports
- Improve the workflow of preparing the above-mentioned reports
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts, maximising the use of cash in the group
- Monitor the FX position, suggesting and implementing controls to minimise FX gains/losses
- Implement and monitor transfer pricing
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to financial reporting and corporate governance
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage to mitigate identified risks
- Maintain relations with external auditors and other external advisors and investigate their findings and implement their recommendations
Key Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of adding value to the wider business in previous roles, with the potential of becoming a true business partner and senior leader at Optoma, applying broad business acumen in addition to robust financial expertise.
- Must be ACA/ACCA qualified with at least five years post qualification experience
- Leadership experience with strong communication and presentation skills, having worked at a senior level with the ability to lead both finance and other members of the company
- Previous experience in a similar FMCG multi-national industry, with demonstrable cross-cultural collaboration and achievement, particularly with East Asian based colleagues and Teams.
- Able to work collaboratively with a broad and diverse range of stakeholders and colleagues.
- Experience of FX management
- Previous experience of IPO or working in and reporting for listed companies (specifically within UK listed companies preferable)
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Self-motivated having the ability to work independently
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to learning, embracing new technologies and trends.
- Experience of Oracle NetSuite ERP would be beneficial
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary and benefits that include:
- Generous bonus
- 50% remote working
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Group life assurance and group income protection scheme
- Increasing holiday entitlement based on number of years of service
- Salary exchange pension scheme
- Other benefits including eye care and cycle to work
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and a covering letter to: [email protected].
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting diversity and ensuring that all employees and applicants are treated with respect, dignity and fairness. We welcome applications from all and as such if you require any reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process, please inform us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.