Vacancy: Financial Controller - Hemel Hempstead, Hybrid Working Available
Posted on 01/08/2023
See all our current vacancies
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
A passionate, customer-focused brand, Optoma products captivate, inspire, and connect people for a better experience.
The Optoma Group has regional headquarters in Europe, the USA, and the Asia Pacific with well-established channels across three continents, providing reliable and innovative visual solutions for customers and partners worldwide.
We bring people together through captivating visual experiences, serving customers who demand seamless, innovative technology to tell their stories. We make our customers’ dreams possible.
As a global leader in large display technologies, Optoma combines cutting-edge design and engineering to deliver visual display solutions from the home to the office, classroom, and commercial spaces.
Working for Optoma, you can expect a competitive salary with additional corporate benefits such as medical insurance, dental cover, pension and up to 30 days holiday per year - subject to service requirements.
Hybrid Working - 50% in Hemel Hempstead Head Office (HP1 2UJ) and 50% Remote
About the role
This is a very exciting time to join us following the recent creation of Optoma Holding based in the UK to bring together our global regions of EMEA, USA and APAC, as we consolidate, systems and processes. With such exciting change, and with Optoma Europe playing a pivotal role in the transformation, this role has been created to help ensure our financial systems and processes are ready to support our strategic ambitions.
You will be at the heart of the finance and business journey, looking for efficient ways to improve and maintain our financial ecosystem and business processes. If you are motivated by working for a successful multinational company that remains small enough for every person to matter, and where you can make a real contribution and difference to the success of the company, then this may well be the role for you.
This is a new and challenging role, establishing solid financial practices for the newly formed Holding company. Thinking creatively to support the company to comply with daily business activities, accounting and tax requirements in our new Oracle NetSuite ERP.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop the Finance strategy and structure to ensure reporting and tax requirements are successfully met.
- Providing financial insight and participation in company projects and business activities, contributing to their success.
- Ownership of daily accounting and monthly consolidated management accounts
- Understanding the impact of making international recharges for management and services and the related potential WHT implications.
- Managing cashflow and banking activities across currencies
- Dividends from subsidiaries
- Contributing to the improvement of our new Oracle NetSuite ERP system
- Taking ownership for financial reporting and accounting policy updates, including but not limited to, production of the annual statutory accounts and collaborating with external auditors
- Involved in the internal audit of subsidiaries and providing insights to business process improvements
- Responsible for tax compliance, including but not limited to UK VAT returns, corporation tax computations, transfer pricing methodology, PAYE settlements and other taxes
- Company compliance with regulators, as required.
- Reporting to and supporting the CFO
Key Skills & Experience:
- ACA/ACCA qualified with post qualification experience
- Have a solid knowledge and understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Strong Excel and analytical skills are paramount
- Excellent communication skills being able to explain accounting concepts and procedures to the wider business
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as part of the team
- Previous experience in a similar FMCG multi-national industry trading across EMEA is preferred
- Experience of Oracle NetSuite ERP would be beneficial
In return, we will offer:
- 50% remote working
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Group life assurance and group income protection scheme
- Increasing holiday entitlement based on number of years of service
- Salary exchange pension scheme
- Other benefits including eye care and cycle to work.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and a covering letter to: [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting diversity and ensuring that all employees and applicants are treated with respect, dignity and fairness. We welcome applications from all and as such if you require any reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process, please inform us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.