Vacancy: Senior Global People Partner 50% Remote & 50% Office Based - Hemel Hempstead, UK
Posted on 10/26/2022
See all our current vacancies
A passionate, customer-focused brand, Optoma products captivate, inspire and connect people for a better experience.
The Optoma Group has regional global headquarters in the UK with offices in Europe, the USA, and Asia Pacific, with well-established channels across three continents, providing reliable and innovative visual solutions for customers and partners worldwide.
We bring people together through captivating visual experiences, serving customers who demand seamless, innovative technology to tell their stories. We make our customers’ dreams possible.
As a global leader in large display technologies, Optoma combines cutting-edge design and engineering to deliver visual display solutions from the home to the office, classroom and commercial spaces.
Working for Optoma, you can expect a competitive salary with additional corporate benefits such as medical insurance, dental cover, pension and up to 30 days holiday per year - subject to service requirements.
About the role
We are looking to expand our global people team with the addition of a brand new Senior Global People Partner role, reporting to the Global Head of People and Culture. The role will help transform the People function and as such will evolve considerably as the people function evolves, with new systems, modernized processes and a more central role within the business.
You will be a forward-thinking HR professional, working closely with the Global Head of People and Culture and business leaders to design, develop and implement the People strategy. In your role you will lead on the implementation of the People Strategy and associated Global People Projects ensuring the Regional People Teams requirements are fed in to the strategy and that they have everything they need to implement locally to ensure success.
In addition you will need to work with, and support, the Global People Partner and Regional Teams to improve our operational processes, efficiency, data accuracy, and our data capabilities both in terms of reporting and analysing. These will be the necessary strong foundations upon which the future people plans will be based upon.
- Work with the Global Head of People and Culture to design and develop the Global People Strategy and lead its rollout and implementation.
- Partner with the business on organisational design, workforce planning, succession planning, skills assessment and development.
- Lead on all Global people policies, contracts, handbooks and streamlining all people systems and processes ensuring full compliance to local and international employment law.
- Create and drive people strategy, along with metrics and OKRs, including performance management, talent identification and succession, org design, employee engagement & communications, training gaps, workforce planning
- Considering business priorities and needs, you’ll anticipate the needs of your stakeholders, diagnose problems, identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Assist with key recruitment where required whilst ensuring best practice is shared across Regions.
- Partner with leaders to develop our leadership capability and skills needed for our future success.
- Foster diversity, equity and inclusion - helping to build community, cohesion and a sense of belonging around shared values, and ensuring an inclusive workforce where everyone feels valued and respected.
- Analyse people metrics and risks adding further insight into the performance and capabilities of our teams and to share trends or determine opportunities for focus.
- Ensure you have your finger on the pulse of the business and global people trends and feed into the people strategy as appropriate.
- Support on any other people team work streams and ad hoc projects as needed.
You will likely be an enthusiastic global or multinational HR Manager/People Partner who is data driven, highly organised and adept at managing multiple priorities. You will have helped develop people strategy at some level and been responsible for projects or initiatives from start to finish.
You will enjoy the variety that generalist roles present and are comfortable switching projects whilst keeping an eye on details, deadlines and the bigger picture. You will be excited at the proposition of making a difference for Optoma in this newly created role with the opportunity to make it your own and grow with it as the people function continues its transformation.
Given the evolving nature of the function the role will require someone with a “can do” attitude, from a generalist background, who is not afraid of rolling their sleeves up when required.
Key Skills & Experience:
- You will be data driven, always starting with data, facts and insights to help inform your approach to solving problems and analysing needs. You have a high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint and can use data to provide insights, inform decisions and visualise it to influence others through storytelling.
- You will have developed a broad range of expertise and skills, so no matter the challenge (benchmarking, skills gap, employee relations, training, etc.) you have led on ideas, solutions, and initiatives.
- You will have worked across multiple regions previously and be experienced supporting senior leaders and employees split across geographies and time zones adapting to different cultures and backgrounds in order to ensure successful outcomes for all.
- You will have experience of managing projects from inception, to delivery, as well as measured the success.
- You will have worked on various projects simultaneously, managing conflicting priorities and different stakeholders to ensure successful delivery.
- You will have led or been part of organisational transformation / change and measured the success of initiatives.
- You will be passionate about D&I as well as company culture, and have experience of implementing initiatives to improve both.
- You will have exceptional communication skills, able to understand diverse perspectives and vary your communication style based on the circumstance.
- You will be able to demonstrate a continued commitment to learning, ensuring you are up to date with employment law, market norms, best practice and the latest trends.
- Global experience and expertise across multiple regions (e.g. Americas, EMEA, APAC, etc.).
- Experience auditing HR practices and processes, and setting improvement strategies accordingly.
- Systems implementation experience, from sourcing to successful implementation and ongoing embedding and improvement.
- Experience of merging disparate styles, practices and cultures (whether merging functions, adding new regions, or merging companies) to create a combined collaborative and successful team.
- Practical employment law experience gained within the countries we operate would be a plus (e.g. Taiwan, China, USA, France, Germany, etc.).
- Language Skills would also be beneficial, (Mandarin, French, German, etc).
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]