Vacancy: As-a-service Project Manager - Hemel Hempstead, Hybrid Working Available
Posted on 07/09/2023
See all our current vacancies
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
A passionate, customer-focused brand, Optoma products captivate, inspire, and connect people for a better experience.
The Optoma Group has regional headquarters in Europe, the USA, and the Asia Pacific with well-established channels across three continents, providing reliable and innovative visual solutions for customers and partners worldwide.
We bring people together through captivating visual experiences, serving customers who demand seamless, innovative technology to tell their stories. We make our customers’ dreams possible.
As a global leader in large display technologies, Optoma combines cutting-edge design and engineering to deliver visual display solutions from the home to the office, classroom, and commercial spaces.
Working for Optoma, you can expect a competitive salary with additional corporate benefits such as medical insurance, dental cover, pension and up to 30 days holiday per year - subject to service requirements.
About the role
This is a very exciting time to join us following the recent creation of Optoma Holding based in the UK to bring together our global regions, as we improve our infrastructure, systems and processes. With such exciting change, and with Optoma Europe playing a pivotal role in the transformation, this role will help to bring to market a new range of as-a-service products. The candidate will play a pivotal role in the complete life-cycle of these new and innovative products with the opportunity to be at the fore-front in developing this new area of our business.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to define the project requirements.
- Develop and manage the overall program/project plan, including defining project scope, objectives, timelines, and resource requirements to deliver the project successfully.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, marketing, and sales to ensure successful product development and delivery.
- Prepare and present progress reports and project updates to senior management and stakeholders.
- Ensure the project meets quality standards, budget, and customer expectations.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensuring product compliance and security - You would be responsible for ensuring that the product complies with relevant regulations and security standards and taking appropriate actions to mitigate risks.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of five years of project management experience, with at least three years in as-a-service project delivery.
- Solid understanding of as-a-service business models, including Software aaS, Hardware aaS, and Product aaS.
- Cloud technology expertise: Experienced in designing, developing and implementing a service type product, for example, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), Software as a service (SaaS) or Product/Hardware as a Service.
- Agile methodology: You should have experience with Agile methodology and be able to lead Agile teams, including Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Development Teams.
- Business acumen: You must have a solid understanding of business and financial principles and be able to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Communication and leadership skills: You must have excellent communication and leadership skills to motivate teams, build relationships with stakeholders, and communicate project status to senior management.
- Customer focus: You should be customer-focused and able to understand internal and external customer needs and expectations to ensure that as-a-service products are developed to meet customer requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Engineering, or IT). A Master's degree or PMP certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in project management software (e.g., Microsoft Project, Smartsheet) and other relevant tools.
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets, schedules, and resources for complex projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for client meetings or project-related tasks.
- Fluent business Mandarin Chinese
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting diversity and ensuring that all employees and applicants are treated with respect, dignity and fairness. We welcome applications from all and as such if you require any reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process, please inform us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]